The Executive Budget Office (EBO) is a division of the State of Alabama's Department of Finance. The mission of the EBO is to effectively prepare the Governor's budget proposal, properly administer and supervise the execution of legislative appropriations, estimate revenues for budget preparation and administration, and assist in the drafting of the budget appropriation bills.
Thanks for visiting with us!
State Budget Officer
The primary responsibilities of the budget analysts are as follows:
- Work with their assigned agencies in the development of the agencies' budget requests and operations plans.
- Monitor spending patterns to ensure compliance with approved operations plans.
- Process revisions to operations plans based on program or spending plan changes that have been approved by the Governor and State Budget Officer.
- Prepare legislative bills, substitutes and amendments as requested by the Governor, Finance Director, and other administration officials.
- Provide up-to-the-minute information on bill status and the effect of certain legislation on state government finances.
|State Budget Officer|
|Deputy State Budget Officer|
|Budget Analyst Supervisor|
|Lead Analyst, Higher Education & Finance|
|Lead Analyst, Licensure & Regulatory Boards, Non-State Entities & Special Programs|
|Lead Analyst, Agricultural & Environmental|
|Lead Analyst, Criminal Justice & Judicial Branch|
|Lead Analyst, K-12 & Reserve Funds|
|Lead Analyst, Health & Human Services|
|Lead Analyst, Industrial Development|
|Performance Budgeting Support|
The EBO operates under the following laws:
- Code of Alabama 1975, Sections 41-4-80 through 41-4-96, also known as the Fletcher Budget Act, which embodies the original budget authority;
- Code of Alabama 1975, Sections 41-19-1 through 41-19-12, also known as the Budget Management Act, which expands the scope of the budget authority and financial management and requires the EBO to assist the Governor and agencies in the preparation of program and financial plans, develop form and content of budget submission packages, review operations plans of the state agencies, and report quarterly to the Governor and Legislature on agency operations;
- Constitutional Amendment 26, which prohibits deficit spending;
- Constitutional Amendment 448, which requires the Governor to submit the executive budget proposal to the Legislature on or before the second legislative day.
Executive Budget Office
11 S. Union Street, Suite 237
Montgomery, AL 36104
Executive Budget Office
P.O. Box 302610
Montgomery, AL 36130-2610